Return to self-nomination Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: traP
Date/Time: Fri, June 2, 2000 at 7:45 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: US/Canada Barriers

Yes, it is impossible for a US candidate to win without _any_ Canadian support, but that's not the question;  The question is whether the Canadian voice will be heard at all.  Given the US position on the Internet, I think the regions as defined are poorly drawn out.. I would suggest the US possibly be two regions onto itself, Canada a region of its own, then Latin America, Africa, Middle East, Oceania, Asia, and Europe - that would complete the original plan of nine regions nicely, and correspond fairly well with the internet population as it currently exists.

Likely, under that structure, would be that the 9 elected members would be from California, New York, Toronto, Either Mexico or Brazil, South Africa, Israel, Austrailia, Japan, and either the UK, France, or Germany.

Really, I'd like to see a lot more than this, given the fact that the larger regions geographically can be expected to grow in internet presence over the next few years.. but compressing the US and Canada into one lump, at this time, isn't very proportionate to the current Internet Realities.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy