Return to self-nomination Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: trickstar
Date/Time: Sun, June 4, 2000 at 11:04 PM GMT
Browser: Opera V3.62 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: candidates

> I would prefer to see candidates who will represent the Internet as a unit, rather than focus on getting the best for their own area of the world.  There is quite enough divisive nationalism in the world.  The greatest thing about the Internet is that it is not governed by nationlistic rules, but by cooperative efforts. <

Yeah, I fully agree with that point. But it is important to differentiate between nominees and directors. If a person is competent for being a board-director, I don't mind where he lives. But I'm glad to hear that nominees will be from all regions, so that every region, without matter how many members they have, is represented for the final election.

> Show me a candidate who sees the opportunities to communicate freely as the means to world peace, and who is willing to work for that, and I don't care what his or her country may be, I will support that candidate. <

100% agreement.
Put that quote at the top of the ICANN @large Membership homepage, and everyone will be happy to read it.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy