Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Wed, October 25, 2000 at 12:40 AM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.7 using XWindows/Linux 2.2.13 (Pentium Pro)
The idea behind a new gTLD is the creation of an innovative
service to be used by the entire internet comunity. Basically our idea is that internet
is born to serve persons and then our project is fully dedicated to them.|
about persons and their needs, we have proposed the .PID tld.
In fact .PID is
more than a simple new TLD, it should be considered as a new tool intented to make
easy the localization of persons indipendently of the mean used to contact them.
problem of duplicated names is common of all gTLD or ccTLD currently used.
domain name attribution mechanism we have in mind, is designed in a manner to avoid
any illegal attribution and the massive registration of domains by a single person
or other entity to use them later for commercial or own purposes.
It will be allowed
to register uniquely name.familyname.pid or
nickname.familyname.pid for a single
The experience DADA spa acquired in the domain registration is daily appreciated
by the high number of new registrants either in gTLD or ccTLD extentions.
forum activated by ICANN for the new TLD cannot be used to discuss a single case
or private questions. The goal of the forum is a democratic discussion about the
validity of the contents of the application. By the way, we suggest to contact directly
our technical or customer support staff to clarify and discuss any kind of question
that our customers desire.
Stofa Kenida , Maura Cannaviello.
- .pid Application by DADA Spa Moderator, October 7 @ 10:08 PM (13/22)
- Good idea willy, November 5 @ 11:18 PM (0/0)
- Questionable financial capabilities griffiths, November 5 @ 4:53 PM (0/0)
- an interesting idea ocraml, November 5 @ 1:40 AM (0/0)
- Many people with the same name hunter, November 4 @ 1:13 PM (1/1)
- Never heard/seen a more stupid idea Lou, November 2 @ 10:36 PM (2/2)
- innovation idea dargento, November 1 @ 1:38 PM (0/0)
- let's get free corbetta, October 26 @ 8:31 AM (0/0)
- too many ........ Perito Gaudi, October 25 @ 1:27 PM (0/0)
- Problem to be solved jweb, October 20 @ 12:25 AM (1/2)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:32 PM (0/0)
- a PID for both physical and digital space Marco Brizzi, October 18 @ 2:59 PM (0/0)
- .pid, a real World-on-Web application TheWizard, October 17 @ 11:41 AM (0/0)
- More Info silvia, October 14 @ 8:38 AM (4/4)