Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Thu, October 26, 2000 at 12:10 AM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.72 using Windows 98
One of the challenges facing us in the next decade is
the establishment of global digital identities, both corporate and individual.|
proliferation of usernames, passwords and URLs all militate against a simple and
People and organisations need to be assured that their identities
are unique and that their associated attributes and values are accurate and secure.
undisputed lead in the field of directory services places it in an ideal position
to deliver, through the .dir TLD, such a service.
Through authenticated access
to the .dir directory it will be possible for any organisation or individual to be
assured that they are being accurately represented on the Internet and that other
entities can access only the information that they are legitimately entitled to access.
Furthermore, I earnestly hope that one day I will have just one username, ianthomas.southampton.uk.dir!
- .dir Application by Novell, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:27 PM (11/15)
- Support .DIR dakearns, November 1 @ 8:38 PM (0/0)
- Directory vendor as .dir authority? timoldham, November 1 @ 11:45 AM (2/2)
- Digital Identity Tantric, October 26 @ 12:10 AM (0/0)
- Single TLD extension proposals peniel, October 25 @ 11:16 PM (1/1)
- Compaq support for .DIR garyfcampbell, October 25 @ 11:15 PM (0/0)
- Support for .DIR cstone, October 24 @ 5:40 PM (0/0)
- Privacy and security and other questions karl.auerbach, October 23 @ 9:32 PM (1/1)
- To much gloss, not enough detail that I can believe karl.auerbach, October 23 @ 7:10 PM (0/0)
- Comments sjk, October 19 @ 7:37 AM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:54 PM (0/0)
- Core Business hoffy, October 14 @ 6:45 PM (0/0)