Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Fri, October 27, 2000 at 5:29 AM GMT
||Netscape Navigator V4.7 Custom using Macintosh PowerPC
||.dir seems to have a useful place on the net
Registrars are not required (to my knowledge) to be able to register all TLD's.
That is what competition is about. The .dir TLD seems to have a useful function
in aiding internet users to find databases easily.|
Although, I have to admit, I
am a little disappointed in the quality of the Novell proposal. I hope that
the confidentiality issues really are the reason for such scetchy ideas.
as the NSI issue, you are 100% on that issue. They do have too much control.
Let's spread it out a bit. New companies and new ideas are what makes the internet
such an interesting and amazing environment. I'd like to see the "old school"
registrars excluded and the "new kids" given a chance to see what they can do.
- .dir Application by Novell, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:27 PM (11/15)
- Support .DIR dakearns, November 1 @ 8:38 PM (0/0)
- Directory vendor as .dir authority? timoldham, November 1 @ 11:45 AM (2/2)
- Digital Identity Tantric, October 26 @ 12:10 AM (0/0)
- Single TLD extension proposals peniel, October 25 @ 11:16 PM (1/1)
- .dir seems to have a useful place on the net mohr4me, October 27 @ 5:29 AM (0/0)
- Compaq support for .DIR garyfcampbell, October 25 @ 11:15 PM (0/0)
- Support for .DIR cstone, October 24 @ 5:40 PM (0/0)
- Privacy and security and other questions karl.auerbach, October 23 @ 9:32 PM (1/1)
- To much gloss, not enough detail that I can believe karl.auerbach, October 23 @ 7:10 PM (0/0)
- Comments sjk, October 19 @ 7:37 AM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:54 PM (0/0)
- Core Business hoffy, October 14 @ 6:45 PM (0/0)