Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sun, November 5, 2000 at 10:41 PM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
||Granting a TLD to one device manufacturer would be a mistake
The Nokia idea sounds nice,
but the proposal has no details. ICANN specifically asked for details.
now be required to get Yahoo.mob?
Also, the Nokia idea of granting SLDs to operators,
and then the operators than assigning third level domains to phones (for eg. jack.sprint.mob)
completely smacks of collusion with Nokia’s ditribution base – the operators. What
benefit does this bring to the Internet user? Now, if you leave Sprint (as in the
eg. above) you have to get a new domain name.
It appears that other applicants
have proposed better implementation and execution of the idea.
- .mas, etc. Application by Nokia Corporation Moderator, October 7 @ 10:15 PM (8/10)
- BROAD support for a mobile TLD Mikey, November 2 @ 5:58 PM (0/0)
- GSM Association supports .mobile Top Level Domain application poflaherty, November 2 @ 4:52 PM (1/1)
- Granting a TLD to one device manufacturer would be a mistake sking, November 5 @ 10:41 PM (0/0)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:20 PM (0/0)
- Sonera awarded for good customer service as ISP Reidar, October 17 @ 8:57 AM (0/0)
- not quite finished, which raises an interesting question... kent, October 14 @ 6:28 PM (1/1)
- .mobile BrianC, October 14 @ 7:19 AM (0/0)
- Summary at www.nokia.com/press/ntld.html Reidar, October 14 @ 1:34 AM (0/0)
- maybe.something.here.now tim, October 14 @ 12:10 AM (0/0)