Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: atibson
Date/Time: Fri, November 10, 2000 at 10:54 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT 5.0
Score: 5
Subject: Image Online Design financials

I am a Certified Public Accountant and after reading the Image Online Design application and ICANN's staff report, I must agree that the Image Online Design financials are unrealistic. I am also very concerned at the extremely limited amount of capital investment that Image Online Design intends to spend.

I do have concern regarding the Afilias financials which show a loss, however it is apparent that Afilias has the available capital necessary to handle a popular TLD registry. Their organization also has at their disposal the resources and real-world expertise to manage a popular TLD registry. Based on my education and financial experience, I have serious doubts about the ability of a firm like Image Online Design to grow at such staggering rates and to do so in a stable manner. It should be noted that the majority of companies which undergo such rapid growth encounter severe problems and many times fail, as we have seen with many of the .com startups. Obviously, the implications for a registry failing are enormous, and and I highly doubt that any risk management advisor would recommend the acceptance of the Image Online Design application based on the information given in its application.

Thank you for your time.

Alan Tibson
CPA

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy