Return to wgc Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: friedrich
Date/Time: Mon, April 17, 2000 at 10:05 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows NT
Score: 5
Subject: Let me try to answer.

>>>>>I hope it is still interesting for all the other participants of this forum to follow the discussions between me and Kodo. Otherwise, please post a comment saying: "Stop private discussions in this forum" and I will immediately stop answering to Kodo's comments.<<<<<

Kodo, if you read my comments correctly you will note that I never said there should be a "first pick" for people who already own .com names.

Secondly, of course I am somehow combining trademark holders and domain name holders, but only in the cctlds and the following new gtlds to be created: .1, .tm and .reg.
All other gtlds should be completely FREE of any trademark laws, giving the Internet community much more liberty than it has right now.

Kodo, I do like competition, believe it or not. And I strongly support your arguement:
"NO SPECIAL FAVORS FOR EXISTING DOMAIN NAME OR TRADEMARK OWNERS !!!" (cited from Kodo's above text)

But you can't give this strong argument whithout a solution to the problems existing! And therefore you have to create new gtlds for special trademark purposes first.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy