ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

RE: [gnso-idn-wg] 4.1.5

  • To: "'Sophia B'" <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idn-wg] 4.1.5
  • From: "Shahram Soboutipour" <ceo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:31:19 +0330

Dear All

I would like to say that we in Iran number in the tens of millions.  We agree
that there should be objective yardstick to prioritize our written script is
also from right to left, very opposite "distance to ASCII".

Also I would like to state, being a Muslim country, the business methods -
accounting etc. and books are quite different from Western style and many
financial issues are different for us. Also the level of technical things -
like ISP uptime, or reliable power is not as high as in USA or Europe - but
they are sufficient for Farsi people living in my region. Its okay for them -
just like they don't expect the same level of phone service as in Western
Europe or Korea. So the technical and financial criteria must be chosen
differently. I think best way is for people from the Farsi community and from
the local region where most users will be should be consulted to decide what
the appropriate level of applicant criteria should be at the start of the gTLD
selection process.

This point is very important for poorer countries like us.

Regards,

 <BLOCKED::mailto:soboutipour@xxxxxxxxxxx> Shahram Soboutipour

President and CEO

 <BLOCKED::http://www.karmania.ir/> Karmania Media

Tel: +98 341 2117844,5

Mobile: +98 913 1416626

Fax: +98 341 2117851

<hr size=2 width="100%" align=center tabindex=-1>