Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: BrianC
Date/Time: Sun, October 15, 2000 at 5:47 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Please get your facts straight

1) You are incorrect about NameBargain. I registered several domains through NameBargain. Renewals through NameBargain cost the regular $9.95. These are "real" registrations. You have full control over the domain. You can change DNS, contact info, etc. and I have already done so with several of the domains I have registered there.

2) Afilias, the registry, will charge $5.95/domain. This is the registry fee. The registrars will be able to charge whatever they want for the domain. This is the way the current system works. While I support IOD, I must be honest and admit that the Afilias pricing policy is much better than IOD's. With IOD's pricing policy, a .web domain will cost you $35 regardless of the .web registrar you register through. With the Afilias policy, there will be more competition, which in turn means that there will be lower prices available.

Please research your claims before you post here. Everytime you post  information that is incorrect, it hurts your credibility. Right now I think it's safe to say that the greatest thing hurting the IOD cause is the rampant posting of insults, accusations and false information by IOD supporters.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy