Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: PHXbird
Date/Time: Sun, October 15, 2000 at 4:56 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V4.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: NameBargain problems

I have a question.  You posted:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=       
      1) You are incorrect about NameBargain. I registered several domains through NameBargain. Renewals through NameBargain cost the regular $9.95. These are "real" registrations. You have full control over the domain. You can change DNS, contact info, etc. and I have already done so with several of the domains I have registered there.

http://www.icann.net/cgi-bin/mbx/rpgmessage.cgi?tldapps;39E944E8000001CE
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My request to modify DNS, Technical and "Zone" info sent me to Register.com who then sent me the infamous automated response:

Dear L,

Thank you for contacting register.com.

Due to an overwhelming response to recent promotions, we are experiencing a large increase in the number of customer inquiries.  We are adding additional staff and are processing inquiries on a first-come, first-serve basis.  We wish to apologize for the longer than usual delays and appreciate your understanding during this temporary backlog.

If you would like to append additional information to your request, please click on the link below or copy/paste the URL into your browser.

------ link back to register.com ---------------

Sincerely,
Customer Support
register.com, Inc.

What process do you use to get "full control" over modification of your registration data?

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy