ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[At-Large Advisory Committee]

Re: [alac] Selecting Our Successors

  • To: Izumi AIZU <aizu@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [alac] Selecting Our Successors
  • From: Vittorio Bertola <vb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:50:09 +0100

Il giorno mar, 31/01/2006 alle 14.29 +0900, Izumi AIZU ha scritto:
> The problem was that the minimal criteria for RALO was in a sense so low,
> more than three ALSs from more than two contries, it is hard to determine
> what is the appropriate level to form a RALO.

I think that once you realize that, no matter how long you wait, you
have reached the level where participation is not going to increase
significantly unless you get to the next step, then you have reached the
point where you have to do something.

I also agree with Siavash on the fact that it is important to open the
channel in any case, so that if in the future there will be an issue
that will attract new participation, at least the structure is already
up and running. (Also, to answer your question, review of all ICANN
structures, including the ALAC, is mandated by the ICANN Bylaws every
few years.)