ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

RE: [gnso-idng] Joint IDN WG (JIG)

  • To: <gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idng] Joint IDN WG (JIG)
  • From: "Edmon Chung" <edmon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:37:42 +0800

I do not think it assumes that some of the issues are "resolved"... in
contrary, I think some of the issues involve elements of implementation of
policies, which is what the JIG proposes to try to tackle.  These issues are
of common interest between IDN ccTLDs and IDN gTLDs, which is why the
concept of having a joint working group.

Edmon