ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-igo-ingo]

Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] International Legal Personality as a Qualification Criterion

  • To: gnso-igo-ingo@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-ingo] International Legal Personality as a Qualification Criterion
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:15:01 -0500

On 16 Jan 2013, at 12:07, Alain Berranger wrote:

> The test of establishing that an organization has an independent
> international legal personality (ILP) is extremely arduous to meet and would
> therefore not trigger a lot of applications for special protection (if that
> is an objective for some!).

Who adjudicates that some org has ILP.
Is there a authority one goes to or would this involve some ICANn established
mechanism?

Is the definition of ILP firmly established with a mechanism for its amendment
or would that also be an ICANN mechanism.

If I missed the answers to these questions in previous material, please just
give me the pointer to the doc or email whee it was covered.

thanks

avri