ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council Proxy Procedures

  • To: "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council Proxy Procedures
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 13:00:03 -0400

Right.  But just wish to add that the GCOT approached the proxy idea mindful
of past efforts that did not succeed.  Our proxy mission (should we choose
to accept it - which we did) was to incorporate the tool in a manner that
could succeed the review process, including legal.  I am not sure how, if at
all, this discussion would be different now if the proxy procedure by
default allowed for unplanned absences.  Right now, the debate is whether or
to not allow for it.  Assuming so, is this going to subject the proxy tool
to a whole different type of review?  Is legal going to have weigh in?  So,
just trying to provide perspective with regards to things that were
considered by the GCOT towards completing the mission of (finally) getting a
proxy tool incorporated into the GNSO procedures - which we were determined
to accomplish where prior, strenuous efforts were not.

Now, I see the point today that, ok GCOT you accomplished it, too bad no one
can understand it.  You're welcome.  (just kidding - the discussion is very
healthy and fully appropriate as I am 100% sure the GCOT members would
agree).

Ray