ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Different diversity requirements between the Houses

  • To: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <Gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Different diversity requirements between the Houses
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 13:47:09 -0400

My suggestion was to allow for exceptions if there is justification was
not a general rule.  Hopefully, you are right Philip, that even
registries will have a good global spread in the future.  But until that
happens, allowing for possible exceptions could facilitate selection of
the best overall candidates considering all factors, not just one, in
cases where that one factor is unachievable without creative gaming.

Chuck