ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

[gnso-restruc-dt] CIG and Individuals

  • To: <Gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-restruc-dt] CIG and Individuals
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:47:22 +0200

Robin.
Long term ICANN insiders were once outsiders!

The BC philosophy is of inclusiveness.
We want new members - we do not place barriers in front of them.
We treat them nicely when they apply (its only later they find out that it is
not always
nice in ICANN ).
We talk to them, we e-mail them, we help them understand the complex issues.
(We do this
better than others I suggest).
What more can I say?

Philip

PS I don't understand at all your question about big business keeping out small
business.
(My own organisation represents both and sees our strength in that)
What motivation is there for this?
Perhaps we should talk over a drink in Sydney on this.