ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-restruc-dt]

RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q5 diversity by-law

  • To: "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, "gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-restruc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-restruc-dt] Q5 diversity by-law
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 18:22:49 -0400

Agree with Chuck that there is more than one way to look at parity here.
I am willing to go either way: I like our original discussion group agreement
(no more than 2 in either house) but would not block consensus on the other,
stricter interpretation of parity; it seems to be a registrar-registry thing to
work out. Up to Jon and Chuck, I guess.

Milton Mueller
Professor, Syracuse University School of Information Studies
XS4All Professor, Delft University of Technology
Internet Governance Project:
http://internetgovernance.org