ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Question regarding the role of the PDP in the development of DAGv4

  • To: "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Question regarding the role of the PDP in the development of DAGv4
  • From: Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 08:59:42 -0800

Stéphane,

To answer your question, my understanding is that conclusion of the PDP is not
a compulsory step before the DAGv4, as is explained in greater detail in the
Issues Report.   The implementation process for new gTLDs is continuing to
proceed on a parallel path to the VI-PDP, which is expected to result in a
proposed model on vertical integration to be included in the DAGv4.

If the GNSO desires to affect the initial round of applications, it needs to
move quickly to produce a recommendation that could be voted on by the Board
and implemented by Staff in its finalization of the Applicant Guidebook.

Best regards,
Margie