ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Notice: VI Call Thursday with the Economists Salop/Wright at 20:UTC

  • To: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>, "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Notice: VI Call Thursday with the Economists Salop/Wright at 20:UTC
  • From: "Neuman, Jeff" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:26:12 -0400

Milton, my references to "in theory" were all to starting from scratch in a
perfect world where there never was a monopoly.  The point was that in theory
we would have never had the issues we did and in the perfect world we could
have started from scratch with no restrictions on competition, no distinction
of registries, registries, resellers, etc.

But we do not live in the perfect world, we are not starting from scratch and
have to develop all policies and actions around the world we live in today.  So
Jeff E's theory of benefits to consumers ignores the reality of the world we
live in today.

Jeffrey J. Neuman

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use
of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this
e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying
in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.