ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Face to face meeting

  • To: "'Ken Stubbs'" <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Face to face meeting
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 21:55:07 +0200

If there are better options than Sat. morning, fine, let's use them.
We might end up with a doodle poll, but if there are options that we can
exclude from start, let's do it.
>From my POV, a F2F meeting elsewhere before the Brussels meeting, which is
where this thread started, is not feasible because of the additional cost,
short notice, and possible unavailability of key players.
I thought Friday in Brussels had to be excluded because Friday was likely to
be travel day for most, and anticipating the trip atthis point in time was a
no starter. Am I wrong? If so, let's consider this option as well.
I thought Sunday was not a good idea because by then people would have
already work plans in Brussels, plus the Council would be in full swingf. If
I am wrong, we can consider this option as well.
One point should be clear: if we have a WG F2F meeting, it has to be
*before* the presentationb to the Council, as the main purpose of this
meeting is to finalize the proposal that is going to be presented to the
Council.
Any other option?
R.

  _____