ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Face to face meeting

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>, "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Face to face meeting
  • From: Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:18:17 -0400

Ken Stubbs wrote:
I believe Your wrong about Friday Roberto..

most people will have to leave Thursday to make a Saturday am meeting . figuring a minimum 1 .5 hrs from plane at the gate to sitting in your seat at a wg meeting

from NYC absolutely earliest time would be 9:30am
Chicago                                                     9 30
los angeles no non stops 13 hr flt would put you in meeting at 11am
Tokyo no non stops & best arrival would be mid afternoon

* this assumes that you just walk into meeting venue with bags in hand (right off the plane)

I could go on & on but I think you get my point..
my suggestion is early morning Sunday starting at 7:30..
this meeting is an essential one and deserves a fair placement on the icann schedule.. This WG is built into the "work plans of many so why not put the meet at a time
that allows for the largest potential participation by wg members..

BTW:
*Sunday is slated on the icann website agenda for gnso workgroups.
*