ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] the "it excludes some applicants" argument
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 23:11:12 -0400

On 7 Jul 2010, at 21:56, Jon Nevett wrote:

> It is almost 6 months later and it looks like we are in the same position --
> the Board will need to make a decision and move on.

I thought they already had made a decision.

or do you mean you wish they would make yet another decision?

with apologies to Milton, I was the naive one in NCSG discussions about the PDP
vote who thought it was possible for you all to abandon the years of back and
forth and actually come to compromise.  i thought the principle of bottom-up
decision making was important enough to the participants to think they could
compromise.

a.