ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Poll Chart

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Poll Chart
  • From: Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:23:14 -0400

Agreed -- I vote that we not talk about order after this -- unless it is
related to morality.

On Jul 21, 2010, at 5:09 PM, Avri Doria wrote:

> hi,
>
> what we, collectively, did most was object, so putting the object count first
> has a certain poetic beauty.
>
> a.
>

> On 21 Jul 2010, at 17:00, Jothan Frakes wrote:
>
>> +1 Spot on.  Take Jeff's suggestion and begin with the Objections column.
>>
>> Jothan Frakes
>> +1.206-355-0230 tel
>> +1.206-201-6881 fax
>>

>> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 1:39 PM, Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> There's far more votes for 'Opposed'  than anything else ---  so lets put
>> that column first as it's the most indicative of opinion
>>
>> Lets start with 'most opposed' and work down to 'least opposed'.

>> On Jul 21, 2010, at 1:27 PM, Jeff Eckhaus wrote:
>>
>>> Mikey,
>>>
>>> I know that the issue of sorting and ranking in the presentation has been
>>> contentious, but we need to forget about what we all want and how we jockey
>>> our positions to the top since this report is for us to issue and for
>>> others to read and comment. The GNSO, the Board and the Community.  We need
>>> to think about how they will read this and understand it.
>>>
>>> Almost every poll / results that I see has the first column ranked from
>>> highest to lowest with the other columns following. (X axis). The
>>> favorable, could live with  (Y axis) is fine the way it has been presented
>>> as it goes from favorable to mediocre to negative to did not participate.
>>> This is the standard format in almost every poll with agree on the far left
>>> and disagree on the far right with no opinion last.
>>>
>>> I know some people are going to go against my suggestion and say we need to
>>> randomize or draw straws or rock paper scissors, but I believe that in the
>>> interest in putting out a coherent report we need to stick to standards
>>> that most consumers of this report will understand
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Jeff Eckhaus
>>>

>>> PS –I may be rusty but would take Berry on in an excel contest. Could do
>>> pivot tables and vlookups in my sleep J

>>> 12
>>> 11
>>> 16
>>> 2
>>> 26
>>> RACK+
>>> 12
>>> 3
>>> 23
>>> 2
>>> 27
>>> Free Trade
>>> 16
>>> 4
>>> 20
>>> 1
>>> 26
>>> CAM3
>>> 2
>>> 12
>>> 24
>>> 2
>>> 27
>>> IPC
>>> 1
>>> 5
>>> 29
>>> 5
>>> 27
>>> DAGv4
>>> 0
>>> 11
>>> 27
>>> 2
>>> 27
>>>

>>> hm...  on to the ranking sequence...  i can't remember where that sequence
>>> came from...
>>>
>>> so here it is in alphabetical order (i thought about that rAscal Tim's idea
>>> of using the second letter of the proposals for the alpha sequence, until i
>>> realized that 3 proposals have "A"s in that second slot)
>>>
>>> Proposal Name
>>> In Favor
>>> Could Live With
>>> Opposed
>>> No Opinion
>>> Did not vote
>>> CAM3
>>> 2
>>> 12
>>> 24
>>> 2
>>> 27
>>> DAGv4
>>> 0
>>> 11
>>> 27
>>> 2
>>> 27
>>> Free Trade
>>> 16
>>> 4
>>> 20
>>> 1
>>> 26
>>> IPC
>>> 1
>>> 5
>>> 29
>>> 5
>>> 27
>>> JN2
>>> 12
>>> 11
>>> 16
>>> 2
>>> 26
>>> RACK+
>>> 12
>>> 3
>>> 23
>>> 2

>>> http://infinityportals.com
>>> 866.921.8891

>>> 12
>>> 4
>>> 20
>>> 1
>>> 26
>>> RACK+
>>> 12
>>> 3
>>> 23
>>> 2
>>> 27
>>> Free Trade
>>> 16
>>> 4
>>> 20
>>> 1
>>> 26
>>> CAM3
>>> 2
>>> 12
>>> 24
>>> 2
>>> 27
>>> IPC
>>> 1
>>> 5
>>> 29
>>> 5
>>> 27
>>> DAGv4
>>> 0
>>> 11
>>> 27
>>> 2
>>> 27
>>>
>>> I think the could live with and “Did not vote” columns are messed up.  I
>>> cant remember the raw results, but here is what Milton posted on his blog.
>>>
>>> Ranked by # supporters
>>> 1 Free Trade 16 39%
>>> 2 JN2 12 29%
>>> 3 RACK+ 11 27%