ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"

  • To: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:20:23 -0400

On 7/26/10 5:49 PM, Jeff Eckhaus wrote:

... I do not know how it could be on this list since the Washington DC meeting
was in January and this Working Group did not begin till after Nairobi.

The odd thing about email is that it only enforces envelope syntax, leaving users free to mention things that existed before a list was created.

Maybe someone from Staff could send out to the list the frank discussion of
harms that Eric has mentioned. It would give the group a great start on our
harms report

As you don't recall the conversation, if you can find a transcript, look to the discussion involving Steve Holsten, Jeff Neuman, Becky Burr, Steve Del Bianco, and myself, all non-staff, and Kurt Pritz, Dan Halloran, and John Jeffries from Staff, on the rational for the unilateral amendment Staff position. You could also ask several people who were there and paying attention during that exchange.

There wasn't an enumerated list of harms, like wart on left little finger, wart on right side of nose, chilblains on the toes, etc., etc. It was bad acts in the registrar space being repeated in the registry space, to paraphrase Kurt.

This was followed by the discussion of vertical integration, lead by Margie for Staff, and I wish I'd had the Staff CRAI SOW then, rather than five months later.

As for the CRAI SOW, it is available, I've posted it previously too.

Eric

Thanks

Jeff Eckhaus