ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

Re: [gtld-council] PDP Dec 05: Follow-up to 23 June

  • To: philip.sheppard@xxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] PDP Dec 05: Follow-up to 23 June
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:05:28 -0700

But there isn't consensus that strings should be rejected for non-legal and non-technical reasons. So perhaps we need to reach agreement on this point before we do the word smithing.

Thanks,
Robin

philip.sheppard@xxxxxx wrote:

Lets not lose focus on the intent of recommendation 20 and our attempt to
clarify the wording.

It is NOT about:
- local jurisdictions, national laws etc

It is about:
- sector or community based objection.

Proposed edits which drive a coach and horses through the original intent
are somewhat disapointing to see at this closing stage of our lengthy
community based bottom-up dialogue.

Philip