ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] Revised draft Charter Terms of Reference for your review

  • To: "Jon Nevett" <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>, Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] Revised draft Charter Terms of Reference for your review
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:49:29 -0400

Does anyone object to this change?

Chuck

From: owner-soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Jon Nevett
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 7:09 AM
To: Stéphane Van Gelder
Cc: soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] Revised draft Charter Terms of Reference for your
review

I support Stephane's suggestion.  Thanks.  Jon

On Aug 24, 2010, at 7:00 AM, Stéphane Van Gelder wrote:

Thanks Liz,

I would like to suggest the word "preliminary" be stricken from the very last
sentence of this document (shown in red below):

"The Rec6 CWG should deliver a preliminary report with comments from the GNSO,
ALAC, and GAC not later than 13 September 2010 to meet the 11-day advance
publication that the Board requests for its retreat on new gTLDs."

While I understand from Frank's comments sent to the list yesterday that
replacing it with the word "final" would be worrisome for the GAC, I do think
the group's focus should be on meeting the deadline de-facto imposed on it by
the Board retreat.

Leaving "preliminary" in there implies that there would be more to come from
the group. That may be, but it may also be that after whatever the Board
decides to do during its September retreat, this group will become moot.

I therefore suggest we do not be any more specific in the ToR than saying
"deliver a report".

Stéphane