ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] rev 2.19-1 after listening to the phone call.

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, <soac-newgtldapsup-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] rev 2.19-1 after listening to the phone call.
  • From: "Tijani BEN JEMAA" <tijani.benjemaa@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:09:53 +0100

No Avri, the survey is a very objective way to find the right consensus.

If the questions were posed in the right manner, I mean if all the elements
were included in the question, the result of the survey will necessarily
reflect the point of view of the WG members on the issue.

For example, for ref #2.7(a), the question was:

“For-profit enterprises should not be included in the categories receiving
aid”. And the answer should be “agreed” or “not agreed”.

If it was: “needy For-profit enterprises from developing countries should
not be included in the categories receiving aid”, I’m sure the result will
be the opposite.

So the problem is not in the survey principle, it’s in how it was done.

I’m not complaining. I want here to thank Evan for organizing the survey. He
took the sentences where there was not consensus, and put them in the
survey. With regard to the time constraint, I fully understand that we can
do it in this way.

Last point: Under the pressure of the time constraint, we don’t have to give
the board something that is not reflecting the view of the WG members. We
need all to be open to any idea and any discussion to reach the needed
consensus.

Thank you for your understanding

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231