ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] update from GNSO council call

  • To: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] update from GNSO council call
  • From: Rafik Dammak <rafik.dammak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 05:29:55 +0900

Hi Evan,

2011/7/22 Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>

> This seems like a good idea, but I have two questions:
>
> 1) Upon what frame of reference will the feedback be? Would a draft final
> report need to be completed in advance of this call? If not, the only hard
> documentation to go on will be the MR2 along with informal updates.

that is my understanding that the webinar will be held after the final
report release.

> 2) Is this intended to be just a GNSO C/SG call? In addition to the
> presence of a second chartering body (which has its own constituent
> organizations), as you know the JAS work has attracted the attention of the
> GAC as well as the personal interest of many Board members. Such a call
> should, in my view, be open as widely as possible.

it is for the whole ICANN community, it will help members SG/C from GNSO to
have the opportunity to ask questions which can be addressed by JAS WG
members, the same case can be for ALAC before approving the report.

Rafik