Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: fnord
Date/Time: Tue, June 20, 2000 at 4:41 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: go for it.

iplawyer writes:

>I will develop my domain name "CASES.web" into a web portal for lawyers by which lawyers, for a small fee, can read legal cases...My domain name "LawOffices.web" will be my law firm's websites, and my domain name "LawGroup.web" will link to "LawOffices.web",<

Well done. the first .com is an unrelated business, so you probably have a 50% chance in not losing it through the ICANN dispute policy. The second is 4 oh 4, the third is a placeholder affiliate. So you're stylin'.

>I lawfully registered these names through ioDesign.  If the "slate is cleared" on ioDesign's registrations, it is doubtful I will be able to secure these names which I have invested in for my business.  I have pioneered the use of alternative domain names by registering the above-described domains, spending money and time.  I will be very angry if I am not rewarded for registering the names for my businesses.<

Well, if you'd registered the above in .net, or .org, or even a country code, you'd be home and dry, but you registered them in a domain than may or may not be a TLD in future, and unfortunately all the legal rulings so far fall on the wrong side of that equation (have you offered to launch/carry the appeals pro bono?). Anger is a negative emotion, unhealthy, if you call my office afterhours we can work on it.

d_d@email.com - email without ICANN in Subject: line is blocked

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy