Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: WorldThoughts
Date/Time: Tue, June 20, 2000 at 9:38 AM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Tell me. . .

<< Well, if you'd registered the above in .net, or .org, or even a country code, you'd be home and dry, but you registered them in a domain than may or may not be a TLD in future, and unfortunately all the legal rulings so far fall on the wrong side of that equation (have you offered to launch/carry the appeals pro bono?). Anger is a negative emotion, unhealthy, if you call my office afterhours we can work on it. >>>

Tell me. You keep repeating in your posts that if .web does not come out that it will mean lost money to those who registered .web domains.

What stirs you to repeat the obvious? Are you afraid of risks? Or are you secretly pissed you didn't jump into this risk at an early stage?

It just seems that you DON'T need to comment on the obvious.

Yes, yes, it is a risk.

Tell me. Do you watch people eating pizza, and tell them that the fat in the cheese might give them a heart attack one day?

We walk across the street. We buy stocks. We leave one job for another, in faith that we improve our circumstances because of it. We open businesses each and every day, even though the odds favor failure. This is ALL at a risk. Why do return to your mantra, "It might not work out"

Now, I might have my mantras, but they are a part of a debate. They support my position on Fairness--and they are useful in the .web discussion, because there are different views on the ethics of a .web approval, and over honoring current .web registrants.

You, however, don't need to repeat the mantra, "You might fail" .... because this is known by all. . .web might never come about. This is not in dispute. Your comments are not shaping an argument. They merely serve as nose-twiddling.

I don't know. It's just odd telling people boarding a plane for their honeymoon, that they might crash and burn into the Pacific.

Yes, they might. And then again, the happy couple might emerge unscathed. Would you then be pissed?

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy