Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory Krajewski
Date/Time: Sun, July 9, 2000 at 3:21 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: The Sky is falling....the Sky is falling....

I say those that live in glass houses shouldn't worry about what may or may not happen....Here is a different take on your story....A gentlemen from France registers Nice.web (this is true--www.webtld.com) he starts a business in france that employs 100 people...The name is such that people want to check out this "nice" website for ecommerce transactions.....Then you have a gentlewomen from England...register cooking.web....Again...she hires people and becomes a successful business person....I hate to put a damper on your dark scenario, however in business it's not always, fair or pretty...I don't think that the "internet" is a local thing..you have the opportunity to use whatever ISP you wish to hook up to the internet...if it is not "fast" enough...to register your domain...well I don't think you will have a legal leg to stand on...I really am quite tired of two things...hearing the word "sue" and blaming the US for (anything)....I will try to clarify...If you sue someone friviously do you realize they (in the US) have the right to counter sue to recoup their costs...I know that word gives you a powerful feeling however your opinions aren't in line with any known legal principle that I can think of....Try thinking positively about what may happen if new TLD's come to be....Nonetheless those that think the cup is half "empty" well you definitely can think this way, however in today's competitive (open) environment this puts you in the back seat, instead of the front seat....  P.S  Those that use words like sue in this forum, quite exploitatively I might add should think twice about that...unless you have a legitimate claim, to show harm was done, to you or your company, then making comments such as "people may sue ICANN" sounds more like your trying to coerce a process....I know new gTLD's will make a wave, however in my positive world it will do more good than harm (yes there will be harm, however minimal if a adequate amount of quality name-space is opened)....

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy