Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sun, October 22, 2000 at 1:08 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
||It's called 'prior use.'
With all of these .biz applicants asking to be the .biz registrar, I think it is
important to note that this is a futile effort. The top level domain, .biz,
is in existence in the ORSC. There are several websites up an running with
a .biz tld. If ICANN chooses Affinity, let's say, then what would happen to
the existing .biz websites? In my opinion, there will be only conflict and
I already smell loads of litigation against the successful .biz applicant (that is,
IF they get accepted by ICANN). |
jandl is right. See jandl's messages
below in each of the .biz areas. .biz has been here all along! It's inception
was way back in 1996!
If there is justice in this world, then those with
first use should be the victor. In this instance, .biz already is in existence.
I agree with all these people who state that not only do these .biz applicants pose
a problem, but there are a few others: .firm, .xxx, .sex, .event, .cool, .inc,
The only one that has any merit is IOD's .web just because
they have prior use.
Thanks for taking the time to read my opinions.
- .biz, etc. Application by iDomains, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:30 PM (10/20)
- costs may, November 6 @ 1:11 AM (0/0)
- Idomains has a well thought out plan.. wehberf, November 5 @ 9:15 PM (1/1)
- Critique of iDomains' Application PhilBerent, November 5 @ 6:50 PM (1/2)
- iDomains app peniel, October 25 @ 10:59 PM (0/0)
- It's called 'prior use.' bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:08 AM (1/4)
- .biz and .ebiz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 4:44 PM (2/2)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:48 PM (0/0)
- Say No TO these .biz applicants. .biz already exists people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:06 AM (1/1)
- More CORE? jandl, October 16 @ 7:27 AM (0/0)
- Where is your application? jandl, October 14 @ 7:56 PM (0/0)