Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sun, November 5, 2000 at 9:48 PM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.72 using Windows 95
Taken from PhilBerent's post regarding idomains application.|
"We maintain that,
if granted, the iDomains application for the .biz would result in a new TLD which,
for the reasons stated below, would not be significantly different from the “.com”
TLD with all
the cyberhoarding, cybersquatting and domain name speculation problems
which that implies"
It is my understanding that the Idomains
application addresses this issue by forcing the end user to produce proof of using
this domain for a legimiate .biz use." As to stop cyberhording I feel that
the proposal more than adaquatly covers this... and if anyone can show me a 100%
foolproof way to stop it.... by all means show me.. because from what I can understand
it is impossible...
Taken from PhilBerent's post regarding idomains
"Under these provisions there would be nothing to prevent a speculator
from registering 5,000 names using one or more false identities, with the intent
to sell the names rather than to use them actively."
lies about who they are.. and goes about creating false identities managing 5000
diffrent e-mail addresses...to obtain 5000 diffrent domains and Paying for each domain...
it sounds more like a logistial nightmare rather than an actual for profit idea...
in essance there is NO way someone will go through all the trouble to manage 5000
e-mail addresses just to go cybersquating... I can't see it happening... and suppose
they decide to put them all under one domain... like all go to email@example.com
then firstname.lastname@example.org then email@example.com that would surly raise all
sorts of red flags... in essance it just can't happen that way... Idomains took all
the neccessary actions to stop that sort of activity.
- Robert Wellbe
- .biz, etc. Application by iDomains, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:30 PM (10/20)
- costs may, November 6 @ 1:11 AM (0/0)
- Idomains has a well thought out plan.. wehberf, November 5 @ 9:15 PM (1/1)
- Critique of iDomains' Application PhilBerent, November 5 @ 6:50 PM (1/2)
- Somewhat confused?? wehberf, November 5 @ 9:48 PM (1/1)
- iDomains app peniel, October 25 @ 10:59 PM (0/0)
- It's called 'prior use.' bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:08 AM (1/4)
- .biz and .ebiz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 4:44 PM (2/2)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:48 PM (0/0)
- Say No TO these .biz applicants. .biz already exists people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:06 AM (1/1)
- More CORE? jandl, October 16 @ 7:27 AM (0/0)
- Where is your application? jandl, October 14 @ 7:56 PM (0/0)