Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: wehberf
Date/Time: Sun, November 5, 2000 at 9:48 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.72 using Windows 95
Score: 5
Subject: Somewhat confused??

Taken from PhilBerent's post regarding idomains application.

"We maintain that, if granted, the iDomains application for the .biz would result in a new TLD which, for the reasons stated below, would not be significantly different from the “.com” TLD with all
the cyberhoarding, cybersquatting and domain name speculation problems which that implies"
-----
My reply:

It is my understanding that the Idomains application addresses this issue by forcing the end user to produce proof of using this domain for a legimiate .biz use."  As to stop cyberhording I feel that the proposal more than adaquatly covers this... and if anyone can show me a 100% foolproof way to stop it.... by all means show me.. because from what I can understand it is impossible...
--------

Taken from PhilBerent's post regarding idomains application.

"Under these provisions there would be nothing to prevent a speculator from registering 5,000 names using one or more false identities, with the intent to sell the names rather than to use them actively."
----

My Reply:

If someone lies about who they are.. and goes about creating false identities managing 5000 diffrent e-mail addresses...to obtain 5000 diffrent domains and Paying for each domain... it sounds more like a logistial nightmare rather than an actual for profit idea... in essance there is NO way someone will go through all the trouble to manage 5000 e-mail addresses just to go cybersquating... I can't see it happening... and suppose they decide to put them all under one domain... like all go to cyberhacker@yahoo.com then cyberhacker1@yahoo.com then cyberhacker3@yahoo.com that would surly raise all sorts of red flags... in essance it just can't happen that way... Idomains took all the neccessary actions to stop that sort of activity.

- Robert Wellbe

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy