Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sun, October 29, 2000 at 9:10 PM GMT (Sun, October 29, 2000 at 5:10 PM EDT)
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Leah wrote: |
"Let's not be silly here. In addition, there is nothing that says
a person has to put up a website within any particular timeframe in com/net/org.
Want lame delegations? Check the NSI registry and see how many domain names
resolve out of the several million registered"
If you are not aware, there are a number of ways to overcome cybersquatting and domain
name speculation :
> (i) Registries should never allow any
lame delegations. The MY NIC (www.mynic.net.my) refuses to register domains if they
are lame delegations, i.e. name servers not responding authoritively.
That is certainly
up to the TLD manager(s). You might suggest that to NSI and all other registrars.
:) It is not about to happen, since by the time the zones are set up for dns,
the name will be gone.
> (ii) Registries should make sure that
the minimum name servers allowed for any one SLD to be registered is TWO (2) or more.
So an ISP who is setting up additional servers cannot use them for two years?
I don't think so.
> (iii) Registries should also make sure
that for every SLD to be registered, the name servers are on different international
Not likely, since there are some areas that don't even have more than
> (iv) Registry may use pricing mechanisms however
registry should be aware that if the prices are too high the TLD may have less demand.
that is up to the registry/registrars.
> I hope that helps
you to understand what is a "good" registry and "bad" one.
much easier ways to discourage speculation, but I won't bother...
- .biz, etc. Application by iDomains, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:30 PM (10/20)
- costs may, November 6 @ 1:11 AM (0/0)
- Idomains has a well thought out plan.. wehberf, November 5 @ 9:15 PM (1/1)
- Critique of iDomains' Application PhilBerent, November 5 @ 6:50 PM (1/2)
- iDomains app peniel, October 25 @ 10:59 PM (0/0)
- It's called 'prior use.' bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:08 AM (1/4)
- .biz and .ebiz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 4:44 PM (2/2)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:48 PM (0/0)
- Say No TO these .biz applicants. .biz already exists people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:06 AM (1/1)
- More CORE? jandl, October 16 @ 7:27 AM (0/0)
- Where is your application? jandl, October 14 @ 7:56 PM (0/0)