Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sat, October 28, 2000 at 12:05 AM GMT
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
||Here is what is to be considered a "good" registry
Leah wrote: |
"Let's not be
silly here. In addition, there is nothing that says a person has to put up
a website within any particular timeframe in com/net/org. Want lame delegations?
Check the NSI registry and see how many domain names resolve out of the several million
If you are not aware, there are a
number of ways to overcome cybersquatting and domain name speculation :
(i) Registries should never allow any lame delegations. The MY NIC
(www.mynic.net.my) refuses to register domains if they are lame delegations, i.e.
name servers not responding authoritively.
should make sure that the minimum name servers allowed for any one SLD to be registered
is TWO (2) or more.
(iii) Registries should also make sure
that for every SLD to be registered, the name servers are on different international
(iv) Registry may use pricing mechanisms however
registry should be aware that if the prices are too high the TLD may have less demand.
I hope that helps you to understand what is a "good" registry and "bad"
- .biz, etc. Application by iDomains, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:30 PM (10/20)
- costs may, November 6 @ 1:11 AM (0/0)
- Idomains has a well thought out plan.. wehberf, November 5 @ 9:15 PM (1/1)
- Critique of iDomains' Application PhilBerent, November 5 @ 6:50 PM (1/2)
- iDomains app peniel, October 25 @ 10:59 PM (0/0)
- It's called 'prior use.' bizEXISTSalready, October 22 @ 1:08 AM (1/4)
- .biz and .ebiz A. Kinney, October 19 @ 4:44 PM (2/2)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 5:48 PM (0/0)
- Say No TO these .biz applicants. .biz already exists people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SayNoToAbacus, October 17 @ 4:06 AM (1/1)
- More CORE? jandl, October 16 @ 7:27 AM (0/0)
- Where is your application? jandl, October 14 @ 7:56 PM (0/0)