Return to tldapps Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Sat, November 4, 2000 at 7:11 PM GMT
||Netscape Communicator V4.75 using Windows 98
||Businesses NEED .Event
As the President of a business consulting corporation, specializing in developing
marketing strategies, I am in a unique position to evaluate the merits of these proposals.|
greatest challenge currently faced by most businesses in advertising on the Internet
is reaching their target market. Demographic information is unreliable, at
best, and most businesses are concerned with quantifying the return on their advertising
IF YOU ONLY APPROVE ONE NEW TLD, THIS SHOULD BE THE ONE!!!!!
If you approve several, THIS SHOULD BE THE FIRST!
After reviewing many of other
proposals, this proposal by Internet Events International is the ONLY one that demonstrates
an understanding of the impact these new TLDs will have on the advertising world
- without which the Internet would practically cease to exist. The uniquely
broad definition of the "event industry," combined with the creation of a categorical
sub-domain system is amazing. The importance of Internet Event International's
attempt to make the Internet more accessible to end-users and more "targeted" for
advertisers cannot be over-emphasized!
Furthermore, Internet Event International's
proposal demonstrates a vision and level of competence which most of the other proposals
seem to lack. The fact that they are a new organization places them at a potential
disadvantage. It is refreshing, however, to see a company more oriented towards
helping the Internet community than merely pursuing the "almighty dollar."
Ironically, the actual support they receive upon acceptance will probably far exceed
their financial projections.
I am not suggesting that their proposal is "perfect."
I do believe, however, that their proposal offers the vision and capability to preserve
the stability of the Internet while simultaneously providing the evolution and enhancement
of the Domain Naming System, for which ICANN is responsible.
- .event Application by Internet Events International, Inc. Moderator, October 7 @ 10:25 PM (20/31)
- Support for .event. jlasko, November 5 @ 9:36 AM (0/0)
- Support for .event; User friendly way to navigate the Internet JL Enterprises, November 4 @ 10:32 PM (0/0)
- Support for .event Mr.Looney, November 4 @ 8:14 PM (0/0)
- Businesses NEED .Event kandl, November 4 @ 7:11 PM (0/0)
- .EVENT Technomancer, November 2 @ 6:44 PM (0/0)
- Support for .event Guide International, November 1 @ 7:41 PM (0/0)
- Most versatile TLD proposed FAguirre, October 30 @ 7:26 PM (0/0)
- support for .event asthoreth, October 30 @ 4:49 PM (0/0)
- NZ Supports Event tania torea, October 29 @ 10:11 PM (0/0)
- UNANIMOUS SUPPORT FOR .EVENT People For Domain Ethics, October 29 @ 6:47 PM (0/0)
- supportfor.event. groove69, October 29 @ 6:34 PM (0/0)
- support for .event marcus, October 27 @ 3:51 PM (0/0)
- support of .event Petunia, October 27 @ 3:10 AM (0/0)
- AUSTRALIA SUPPORTS .event! Jordan, October 27 @ 2:44 AM (0/0)
- Makes sense shondratasha, October 26 @ 4:12 AM (0/0)
- .event app peniel, October 25 @ 11:29 PM (2/2)
- Excellent idea for ordering web chaos-restricted TLD's! mohr4me, October 25 @ 5:12 PM (0/0)
- Support for .event ElectricSmash, October 23 @ 8:02 PM (1/1)
- Proposition to ICANN, Applicants & Internet Community Pistoff, October 18 @ 6:02 PM (0/0)
- Should be denied jandl, October 14 @ 8:00 PM (3/8)