Return to tldreport Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Eliahu
Date/Time: Mon, November 13, 2000 at 5:53 PM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: My Response - ICANN Kindly Take Note

Hello,

One cannot give .shop to Afilias, when Afilias did not apply for it and Name-space did, with $50,000 in earnest money.

Of course I realize you are tongue and cheek here.

The obvious solution is to give Afilias .info, and IOD .web.  Dot Info will also be exceptionally well received by the online metropolis.  I cannot think of a single name under .web which would not also work under .info.  Shipping.web  Shipping.info  Jewelry.web  Jewelry.info  Travel.web  Travel.info  ForSaleByOwner.web  ForSaleByOwner.info  Loans.web  Loans.info. 

This is the only solution which will leave ICANN safe from serious litigation and safe from becoming more of a worldwide laughing stock.

Also, just because there is limited comment on .shop, and just because ICANN has been somewhat critical of Name-space, does not automatically mean that they will not award .shop to Name-space.

I suspect the awarding of the three named above would be extremely well received by the world community, and I believe it would solidify ICANNs standing as the hub of the world internet body.

In contemporary business jargon; it is a win-win.

Regards to all, Eliahu

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy