ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] OSC Chair Position

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] OSC Chair Position
  • From: Olga Cavalli <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 16:40:07 -0300

Hi,
In relation with the OSC leadership,  I do not recall that:

"Chuck started off as interim chair of the OSC and ended up staying chair
because no-one else volunteered to hold that role".

What I do remember is the conference call where Chuck started as chair and
myself as alternate chair. Maybe I am missing something, Stephane could you
please clarifly?

I agree with Avri that:

"While I think having a v-chair serve in the role is less deleterious then
having a chair serve, I still do not think of it as an optimum solution.

I personally think that after the membership of the OSC has been reconfirmed
by al the constituency/stakeholder groups that group of people should try to
figure this out.  And if the Council v-chair is the only volunteer then so
be it - though I am afraid that no one will volunteer once the v-chair has
volunteered for fear of alienating that v-chair.  And while I have no
problem with any of the individuals involved, I think it is a bad practice
as it prevents other leaders from emerging."

And I agree with this also being GNSO Council vice chair.

Regards
Olga

--
Olga Cavalli, Dr. Ing.