ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

RE: [soac-mapo] charter and mission

  • To: "'Milton L Mueller'" <mueller@xxxxxxx>, "'Philip Sheppard'" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <soac-mapo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [soac-mapo] charter and mission
  • From: "Andrei Kolesnikov" <andrei@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:53:21 +0400

Dear friends, I'm sorry for taking this issue to extreme
and being a little provocative.

Milton, of course the idea of GAC being judges and ban TLDs
is not working, but the mechanics like this will
be very suitable for many countries because
it is predictable and traditional as it was already
mentioned. The better idea will be even if Rod
pick up and call up the names. This is a traditional
approach for many nations and societies in the world.

As opposite, the panel idea, which I personally like, is not
working and not suitable for many countries due to
MAPO itself.

In both cases:
-->There are someone making decision or even saying
my .blablabla is no good<--

Lets step back.
I was thinking about the examples we using in this very
interesting and exciting discussion. We are full of
clichés ("China, Russia, Jew, BOYS"). We build
our logic on those archetypes. Our "western"
logic based on these stamps, education and experience.
Our morality is a LOCAL THING, yes, it was said.
It works within country and local country MAPO is
compatible with MAPO of selected number of countries.
Again, as stamp-example Russian culture is
sister of French culture, twin sister of USA culture and
aunt of culture in Australia :) Mr.Putin may say that
Russia and China are sisters. I agree - they are
sisters, brothers and lovers in common interests:
border, business, monetary values, oil/gaz, technology.
But not in MAPO.

There are "bad guys" (according to our clichés)
around the corner. And ICANN/GAC/Community
will face it. And see how bad they are really.
The problem of ICANN that it always trying to
prove it's right to exist and control the address space.
Instead of going ahead and deal with real issues.
Launch TLDs and see how it goes.
Also there are beautiful XXX example which we should
refer to.

--andrei