ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-mapo]

Re: [soac-mapo] On "universal resolvability" and useful questions that emerged yesterday

  • To: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-mapo] On "universal resolvability" and useful questions that emerged yesterday
  • From: Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:05:42 -0400

Milton:

Correct -- I agree that any rejection must be directly linked to generally
accepted legal norms.

Notwithstanding the GAC letter, however, I don't think that I've heard or seen
anyone in this working group advocating that a string should be rejected just
because "someone somewhere" finds it repugnant -- even if that "someone
somewhere" is a sovereign entity.  I definitely would support a principle
against vetoes.

Thanks.

Jon