ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idng]

RE: [gnso-idng] rethinking IDN gTLDs

  • To: <gnso-idng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idng] rethinking IDN gTLDs
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <icann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 12:40:01 -0800

Thanks Chuck, that helps a bit, but I would like to understand the details
of how an existing gTLD registry might offer an IDN equivalent "in a way to
minimize any confusion".  I think I saw a mention of 'sharing a root zone
file' but there was no explanation.  If this is already explained somewhere,
then maybe I just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
548 Market Street
San Francisco, CA  94104