ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtpd]

Re: [gnso-irtpd] here's the little summary of that sequence of events i rattled off on the call just now -- registrant role in TDRP

  • To: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-irtpd] here's the little summary of that sequence of events i rattled off on the call just now -- registrant role in TDRP
  • From: Kevin Erdman <krerdman@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 08:38:58 -0500

Hi Volker,

Thanks for your clarification, and I understand your position and I disagree
with it, for two reasons.

First reason is the initial impetus to go down this line was domain hijacking,
registrar #1 gets a fraudulent authorization that ends up with a new party in
control of a domain at a new registrar.  In this case, both real parties and
both registrars need to be involved because all have potential liability.

Second reason is that UDRP2 for domain ownership disputes might be a good idea
in general, but that idea is beyond the scope of our Working Group's charter.
We might include this idea as a potential new area to develop, but just not
here.
Kevin R Erdman

cell 317.289.3934

Sent from my iPhone