ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-raa-dt]

Re: [gnso-raa-dt] Motion for GNSO acceptance of the charter.

  • To: gnso-raa-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-raa-dt] Motion for GNSO acceptance of the charter.
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:23:53 -0400

Hi,

I changed the wording in the shorter form that Steve suggested.
Apologies for the error. I know better but just wasn't thinking.

a.

On 27 Aug 2009, at 17:18, Carlton Samuels wrote:

Might I suggest this small change?

Carlton

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx> wrote:

the following is the draft of the motion i am proposing.

Hi,

Please send comments as soon as possible. I have already entered it into the motions list and want to send it to the Council in the next few hours.

Of course there will a week in which amendments, friendly or otherwise can be made, but I would like to get some buy in from this group if possible.
Apologies for the last minute  request.

thanks
a.

Motion on joint ALAC/GNSO Drafting team

Proposed by Avri Doria

Whereas

On March 4 2009 (Resolution 20090304-2)the GNSO council committed to "drafting a registrant rights charter" in cooperation with the ALAC and

As part of the same resolution (20090304-2) the GNSO council committed to creating a "drafting Team to discuss further amendments to the RAA and to identify those on which further action may be desirable"

Resolved

The GNSO accepts the charter defined in (insert URL) with the deliverables and milestones as set out in that charter and invites the ALAC to participate as a partner in this effort.

Further once the charter has been accepted by both the GNSO and ALAC, the group, at its first joint meeting, will pick a pair of coordinators, one each from the At-Large Community and the GNSO. The chairs of the ALAC and the GNSO will be responsible for convening the first meeting of the group and for putting out the call for volunteers from their respective communities.

While waiting for the chartered group to be officially formed, the team responsible for creating the charter will continue the work already begun by the ICANN Policy Staff (insert url) on the documentation of the current set of Registrants' rights.