ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, vertical integration wg <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:21:17 -0400

The MAPO group, like the STI, broke the issue down into a lot of very specific points, and then tried to get consensus on them one by one. That is FAR easier than attacking the issue as a whole. But early on, many of the participants in this group decided that the various component parts were too inter-related to consider one by one.

And I note that one of the substantial points addressed by the STI group, and wrestled to the ground by serious horse-trading to the relative satisfaction of all - the 20 day reply period for a URS - was overturned by the Board during its retreat.

Alan