ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[soac-newgtldapsup-wg]

Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updates on SOI/DOIs

  • To: Evan Leibovitch <evan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [soac-newgtldapsup-wg] Updates on SOI/DOIs
  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 11:06:31 -0400

We knew early on here that any process that could selectively give any
new TLD application "better treatment" (faster processing, lower cost.
etc) /will/ be a target of gaming attempts.

My mileage seems to vary somewhat.

I've seen much more effort to prevent anything that would allow for any policy based differentiation than for distinction between two or more differentiated applications.

Eric