Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: 410
Date/Time: Sun, June 18, 2000 at 9:35 PM GMT (Sun, June 18, 2000 at 4:35 PM EST)
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Civility

Good to see there is some civility and fair-mindedness on the board. You and I might disagree on an item or two--even a fundamental item or two. But you and I agree on this: the arbiters' decisions lately regarding generic domains are very disturbing. I think WIPO needs to take heed of the complaints against their rulings, because they are WAY off base.

It doesn't take much to understand that the word "Traditions" is a generic term.

Who chose these retired TM judges anyway? I propose that they be retired TOTALLY from service, except in a capacity that involves orders of cheeseburgers and fries. They are NOT equipped for the world of the 21st Century, and have left their common sense in a pair of pants long since laundered.

Pity.

They are ruining the day for many businesses and individuals, and are sending a flag that it is open season on generics.

To ICANN, WIPO, and other arbiters: Are you reading this? . . . Good. . . Move closer to the monitor. . . A little closer. . . Good, that's close enough. . . Now listen. . .

GET A GRIP!!!

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy