Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Voice Of Reason
Date/Time: Mon, June 19, 2000 at 3:21 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Maybe Not, Maybe So

You said, '.WEB will not be chosen to be a part of this first stage because nothing can be learned from a new TLD that has a large number of names already allocated. '  How long do you think it will take for large corporations to obtain names on any new TLD? 10 seconds to spider and buy 2,000 names?  Yep. 10 sec. at the most.  That's really a True Blue test?  Nope.  But, IOD has been there since 1996 for those who did the Research into New TLDs.  IOD (to my knowledge & correct me if I am wrong) has stayed viable and on top of every meeting, & evolution as the Internet has expanded--Representing 75 Countries Globally.  A True Blue Test of Time?  Yep.  At least where I come from.  I would say My Momma Didn't raise no fool, but, that is still being debated within my family.

But, I am not here to argue the Issue.  Just to pump my Ego up with what my own thoughts are.  ICANN knows this.  Which is OK by me. I understand Why ICANN has this forum.  ICANN knows why they have this Forum.  But, it is Fun isn't it?!  As long as We know They know We Know.

VOR       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy