Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: wiredz
Date/Time: Tue, June 27, 2000 at 6:17 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.7 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: Who should think first, then talk ?

<....THAT is why they took registrations prior to approval. They had to EARN that approval, which I think they did, because I have
never seen or heard of their databases hiccuping. Read up on your history regarding this issue.>

In your statement above, you wrote that "They had to EARN that approval". So, you finally have stated IOD haven't been approved yet by IANA! *grin*

Um. . . AS I SAID: they are PENDING approval as the REGISTRY for .web, and don't seek being a REGISTRAR. Are you aware of the difference between a registry and a registrar?

YOU SHOULD BE AWARE BY NOW (at least by reading ICANN pages) THAT Registries can only resell domains through registrars accredited by ICANN and not directly to the consumer. What IOD is doing now is conning the consumer by not telling you the whole truth.

And, yes, I am aware of that simple difference. Registrars are resellers for the registries, currently NSI Registry resells domains to Register.com, Tucows.com, and NSI REGISTRAR itself (NSI is both an accredited registrar and registry by ICANN/USDOC).

Were you aware that NSI took registrations of .com before THEY were
officially approved. Likewise, THEIR registrants were grandfathered in.>

YOU DON'T GET THE POINT YET, MAN!! If once IOD is approved as a REGISTRY by ICANN, they cannot sell domains directly to the consumer but only through ICANN accredited registrars,ie. Register.com, network solutions, tucows.com, etc.

Christopher Ambler, forgotten that REGISTRIES cannot resell directly to the consumer and have to sell through an accredited registrar at USD6 per domain per year.  See NSI Registrar License & Agreement which was set by NSI and US DOC  Registrars in turn will sell to the consumer at a price they like, ie. USD35/yr or USD50/yr, etc.

And btw, NSI is the operator of A root servers and the .com, .net, and .org registry. They don't have to take pre-registrations, therefore.

Do you REALLY think they would have gotten this far, and would be involvedin ICANN meetings as they are (and hosting one of the ICANN functions in Japan in July) if they were con artists?! They have been in the center of discussions with ICANN, and are NOT deemed by ICANN to be con-artists.

PLZ GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, MAN!! The ICANN Yokohama meeting is hosted and organized by Japan Network Information Center http://www.jpnic.net and **NOT** IOD or Christopher Ambler.

You again, are way out of line. THIS time with libel.

Me tried for libel ? 'course not as I am revealing the truth about IOD!! But IOD/Christopher Ambler can be tried in a court for fraud.

Be educated. Then open your mouth.

Wow! What polite words. You shouldn't be telling me to "be educated" when you don't even know what you are talking about.

:)

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy