Return to newtlds Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: WorldThoughts
Date/Time: Tue, June 27, 2000 at 9:13 PM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Score: 5
Subject: La la la la la la la. . .

<<<  In your statement above, you wrote that "They had to EARN that
approval". So, you finally have stated IOD haven't been approved yet by IANA! *grin* >>>
I don't mind a person grinning. I don't even mind personally eating crow if I deserve it. However, I have ALWAYS maintained that they have not been approved as being the registry of .web in a final sense. They were approved by IANA to accept registrations to test the databases for a trial period--and that if they finally got the contract, that their registrants would stand.

Don't get the stages mixed up. There is a multiple level process here.

<<< YOU SHOULD BE AWARE BY NOW (at least by reading ICANN pages)
THAT Registries can only resell domains through registrars accredited by ICANN and not directly to the consumer. What IOD is doing now is conning the consumer by not telling you the whole truth. >>>>>

You mean like NSI did for years, and is still doing? They are the registry AND selling registrar.

Regarding the approval process, and whether or not .webs can legally be sold by IOD. . . I am sorry, but that pending gTLD has a different status, sanctioned  by IANA, to be sold by IOD--all at risk, understandably. This is a FACT. If for this reason you want to call them "pre-registrations," fine. I will even call them "provisional pre-registrations." Provisional on IOD's approval.

<<< YOU DON'T GET THE POINT YET, MAN!! If once IOD is approved as a
REGISTRY by ICANN, they cannot sell domains directly to the consumer but only through ICANN accredited registrars,ie. Register.com, network solutions, tucows.com, etc. >>>>

Not true. NSI DID sell directly to the consumer in its pre-approved days, and after--and NSI, a REGISTRY, is STILL selling directly to the consumer.

<<<< PLZ GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT, MAN!! The ICANN Yokohama
meeting is hosted and organized by Japan Network Information Center
http://www.jpnic.net and **NOT** IOD or Christopher Ambler.     >>>>>

Did you HEAR me??!! I said ONE of the FUNCTIONS at the
meeting---NOT THE MEETING ITSELF! I currently work in an elaborate
system--and whenever the people in charge run an affair, other agencies PERIPHERAL to the company gets involved with running workshops, and such. I really think you are intentionally misconstruing some things I have said, and disregarding other things I have said. I fully believe you read and absorbed the words "hosting a FUNCTION at the meeting" in my original post--but decided to blast me as if I said "hosting the meeting."

<<< Me tried for libel ? 'course not as I am revealing the truth about IOD!! But IOD/Christopher Ambler can be tried in a court for fraud.

Again, HOW?! He has documented authorization from IANA, and is still
currently working with ICANN in regard to his .web tld. Fraud is an illegal activity. IANA not only authorized IOD, ICANN recognizes IOD.

You shouldn't be telling me to "be educated" when you don't even know what you are talking about. >>>>

Oh, but I do. And my arguments are very sound, and they are substantiated with facts. If you are correct, show me a single statement or document that shows ICANN reprimanding IOD for selling registrations.

As for me. . . I have to dig around and come up with documentation that IOD is in the middle of discussions at ICANN regarding the .web (in a far more serious capacity than you and I on this message board). I will do this, because I have already SEEN it, on ICANN's site here.

Peace, joy, and love. Please don't ask questions and make statements that you and I have already wrestled with, and I will likewise be cautious. Redundancy from either of us won't improve this board.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy